Heritage Lace Window Treatment Terminology
Window Treatment Terminology
- Panels - Panels cover the entire window, with a totally different look when tied back 2/3 of the distance from the top of the window.
- Valance - The perfect stand-alone top treatment. It can be teamed with a tier or swag pair for a complete window dressing.
- Cascade Insert Valance - this hangs from a drapery rod and the center "cascades" down over other components.
- Handkerchief Valance - A unique shaped valance. Its deep scallops hang in soft folds to create a charming "handkerchief" look.
- Festoon - For a beautiful formal look, top other components with a festoon.
- Tier - Tiers provide partial window coverage, and are often combined with a swag par, valance, or festoon for a complete look.
- Swag Pair - Install a Swag Pair to give your windows a unique silhouette.
- Fan Swag - Fan Swags create an interesting gathered effect.
- Scarf - Very versatile, the scarf drapes over a rod and down each side of the window. If long enough, it may be puddled onto the floor.
Join our e-Friends mailing list to hear about our latest promotions and sales events!
Sign up today!